Saturday, May 23, 2015

Maybelline Baby lips crystal

*the color shown is 145beam of blush*
I have previously given the Maybelline a lukewarm review, (check it out here) I thought they were allright, but nothing special. I also did a follow up, wich was a little more to the negative side. So why I had to get one of the new Crystal ones, is beyond me. But honestly... I'm glad I did.... Yup I kinda like it!

It smells like smarties (not the chocolate candy, the sugary one) or candy necklaces. And I really like that! It doesn't have a whole lot of color to it, but it looks nice on the lips, and it feels good as well.



Because I liked this so much, I decided to dig out my old Baby lips, and apparently my taste in lippies have changed, because I actually really enjoy them now. It's not that I thought they were horrible before, I just didn't understand why they were so popular, and I still think there are better balms out there. But I really enjoy using these at the moment. My lips are not very dry at the moment, so that may be one of the reasons why, these are good enough for everyday hydration for me.

The crystal baby lips, do contain shimmer, but it's not obnoxious or gritty at all. It's quite subtle and you can hardly feel it on the lips. Once the balm has worn off, you will be left with some noticable shimmer, but it's not hard to remove with a wipe, so it's not really a problem for me. I actually really like the way it looks on my lips. And I definately want to get one more color option, but I don't think you need all of them, as some of them looks quite similar once they are Applied.
 
 
What do you think of the Maybelline baby lips? have you tried the crystal ones?
 

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. It looks so cute! I love Baby Lips, gotta try this one ^^
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sparkly packaging totally drew me in.

      Delete
  2. Looks super cute!
    xx
    theblackblush.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a sucker for glittery pacaging and fruity/candy scents hehe.

      Delete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig